Yoga, meditation and relaxation amidst a luxurious tropical setting….
Ayurvedic treatments, nourishing cuisine, sun-kissed beaches….
I am delighted to be co-hosting this Wellbeing retreat with friend and fellow yoga teacher, Katie James. Along with her effervescent spirit, Katie brings a wealth of experience and between us you can expect to enjoy up to three classes per day along with the opportunity for 1:1’s and lots of fun amidst the tranquil and tropical setting of this very special Ayurvedic healing retreat.
immerse yourself in nature with like minded souls and let the magic begin
When Saturday 16th March to Saturday 23rd March 2019 [7 nights with options to extend your stay]
Cost SORRY THIS RETEAT IS SOLD OUT
1st November onwards £925 shared, £1175 single
Why Sri Lanka?
An island of national parks, venerated temples, tea plantations and rose-gold beaches: Sri Lanka packs in plenty of experiences. Without doubt this island beauty will be one to watch over the next few years and we are delighted to offer this as a destination to rest, digest and thrive.
Sri Lanka enjoys a tropical climate making it the perfect winter get away. In March you can enjoy 28-31 degrees with sunny and mainly dry days.
Why Sri Devi?
- A luxurious, spacious and welcoming retreat surrounded by nature and wildlife
- A philosophy for health and healing with onsite Ayurvedic treatments and advice
- Local fresh organic produce crafted into nourishing and delicious meals
- Exclusive use of the hotel, 60 ft pool and 2.5 acre grounds
- Small groups – maximum of 12 – a total immersion in a safe and serene setting
- Oh yes and it’s just 15 minutes by foot to palm fringed golden beaches and turquoise blue sea
Sri Devi Retreat offers a wide variety of Ayurvedic treatments and massages. These century old treatments rely on natural remedies to improve health and longevity of life. Be it a revitalizing massage, a relaxing Shirodhara drip or a rejuvenating bath treatment, you can enjoy the healing powers of Ayurveda in the dedicated treatment bungalow or right next to the pool.
Included in the retreat price is an Ayurvedic consultation and dosha assessment by the resident Ayurvedic doctor, x1 full body massage, x1 Shirodhara oil drip treatment and x1 head/foot massage
The Yoga [as much or as little as you wish]
The open sided Yoga shala is purpose built and spacious – the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in nature and experience the sensory delight of exotic flowers, wild birds, monkeys and mongoose
Early morning guided Meditation : for newcomers the opportunity to learn in a progressive way and for seasoned meditators the invitation to explore self-enquiry as a tool for healing and transformation
Morning Yoga : breath work, gentle awakening, sweet structured flow, cooling and mediative floor sequences – you can expect to feel rejuvenated, energised and ready for the delights of the day
In the evenings : delicious and nourishing working with the modalities of Pranayama, Yin Yoga, Restorative sequences and Yoga Nidra
The 9 spacious villas at Sri Devi have a simplicity in keeping with the natural surroundings. They incorporate traditional Sri Lankan elements with beautiful colonial furniture and modern day comfort.
Each villa comprises one very large room with ample space for two twin beds or one double plus spacious ensuite bathroom. They are equipped with a bar counter with fridge and tea making facility, a generous walk-in closet with safe and a fantastic terrace with magnificent view.
Proposed daily programme
- 0730 meditation – practice 1 [30 mins]
- 0800 time for tea and juice
- 0830 asana – practice 2 [2 hours]
- 1030 group breakfast – hearty and healthy
- Free time to rest and relax by the pool, in the grounds or at the beach
- 1700 relaxation – practice 3 [1.5 hours]
- 1900 group evening meal on five nights – exceptional three course meal
dinner on 2 evenings are not included in the cost to give you the option to go for dinner as a group or individually and to explore the array of affordable local places to eat along the beach resorts and tavernas
There will be a ‘day off’ midweek for those who wish to explore the local area. See ‘local attractions’ below.
Investment and inclusions
- 7 nights’ accommodation in large stylish colonial villas, ensuite, fridge, terrace
- Yoga on five days – enjoy up to 3 classes a day. Mats, bolsters and belts are included
- 1:1 with either Ali or Katie
- Ayurvedic consultation
- Ayurvedic treatments – x1 full body deep tissue massage, x 1 Shirodhara treatment and x1 head/foot massage
- Breakfasts x 7, three course evening meal x 5 plus, unlimited teas and water
- Morning juice [pre yoga] and fruit in the afternoon
- Private transfers to and from the retreat
From 1.11.18 – £925 shared in twin bed villa. £1175 single villa.
Not included: flights, travel insurance, dinner on two nights, additional drinks
- Please email Ali and request booking form and T&C’s
- Complete form and return to Ali along with non-refundable £350 deposit. Balance payable 15th January 2019
- Book flights ASAP to secure best possible deal and….. RELAX or SHOUT OUT because you are going to SRI LANKA!
- Arrange your visa
- Flights from UK airports direct to Colombo – currently from £530 return [depart Friday/arrive Saturday]
- Private transfer to the venue – approximately 2 hours
Local attractions within a 10-30 minute drive
- Explore UNESCO world heritage site Galle Fort with its picturesque small streets, colonial Dutch buildings, trendy shops, stylish restaurants against the backdrop of the the beautiful ocean
- Get to know the history and process of making tea at Herman Gunaratne’s tea plantation
- Mirissa beach – the photos tell you all you need to know…….
- Visit the Turtle sanctuary at Unawatuna, with its authentic shops and many beach restaurants
- Enjoy an afternoon boat ride on Kogalla Lake. Here you can see monkeys, visit Cinnamon Island and learn all about the cinnamon trade in days gone by
and further afield
- Yala : safari to see the wild elephants in Yala National Park
- Kataragama – a pilgrimage town in Sri Lanka for Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Veddas
Extending your stay
There are plenty of options to extend your holiday in Sri Lanka. Do get in touch if this is of interest – there is so much to see and do!!