Join Katie and Ali for 7 sun-drenched days and tropical nights in gorgeous Goa!
When Saturday 18th – 25th January 2020
Where Satsanga Retreat, Verla Canca, GOA
Cost £735 for 7 nights shared. £1005 sole occupancy [limited rooms]
Goa and Satsanga Retreat
As a Yogi you have most likely been to Goa or thought about going to Goa at some time or another. Images depict all that tantalise us – the azure blue of the Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea, shabby to chic beach shacks, palm trees, chai stalls, market stalls, wandering sacred cows and of course the Yoga vibe itself. There is something for every being – from hippy flow on the beach to intense training with world renowned teachers. Without a doubt Goa has it all going on!
Katie and Ali are delighted [actually pretty excited] to share these experiences with you as we come together at this time of year for 7 days of Yoga and Wellbeing at the beautiful family-run Satsanga Retreat
Located between between Anjuna and Mapusa (Map~sa) and within easy reach of the beaches, Satsanga is your retreat ‘home away from home’ offering:-
- Authenticity of Goan village life and the peacefulness of the centre within
- A relaxed and intimate community setting where you are likely to experience inner transformation; whilst learning from practitioners, yogis and yoginis, who share their wisdom
- Beautiful wood floor yoga shalas – we will practice in the Shiva Shala
- Swimming pool and tropical gardens to relax around
- Delicious and nutritious fresh local produce
Early morning guided Meditation : for newcomers the opportunity to learn in a progressive way and for seasoned meditators the invitation to explore self-enquiry as a tool for healing and transformation
Morning Yoga : breath work, gentle awakening, sweet structured flow, cooling and meditative floor sequences – connecting you to your breath, body and mind
In the evenings : quieter, calming practices to aid restoration and bring about healing and wellbeing
The cooks at Satsanga take enormous pride in all of their offerings. Using fresh, local produce, each dish is prepared with love and care from an immaculately clean kitchen, guaranteed to satisfy and nourish in equal measure
“our kitchen serves full-body satisfaction on every plate and in every glass, leaving your body buzzing in gratitude”
Rooms are bright, clean and simply furnished. All are ensuite, with twin beds and a shared balcony or private terrace.
Proposed daily programme
- 0730 meditation – practice 1 [30 mins]
- 0800 time for tea
- 0830 asana – practice 2 [2 hours]
- 1030 group breakfast
- Free time to rest and relax by the pool, in the grounds or at the beach
- 1645 relaxation – practice 3 [1.5 hours]
- 1900 group evening meal
There will be one afternoon practice followed by the next morning practice providing opportunity to rest the body and embrace local culture – a trip to the markets, sunbathing, sunsets, dine out in one of the many local restaurants
Investment and inclusions
- 7 nights accommodation at the beautiful Satsanga Retreat
- Brunch x 7, afternoon snacks x 7 and evening meal x 7. Vegan/dairy free or gluten free options are available on request
- All day Tea Table – purified water, a variety of teas, fruit & biscuits available 24hrs
- Welcome circle on arrival day [Saturday 18th Jan]
- All yoga classes in fully equipped studio – enjoy up to three classes per day
- Mats, bolsters, props
£735* per person sharing a twin bedded ensuite room. £1005* per person sole occupancy [limited single occupancy rooms available]
Not included: flights, travel insurance, visa fee, taxi to and from the retreat, trips, treatments
- Satsanga has a full menu of Spa & Ayurvedic treatments which come highly recommended. You can view that menu here & make bookings either online or in person when you arrive.
- Chai, espresso & juices can be ordered [at an additional cost] throughout the day
Things to do
When you leave the sanctuary of Satsanga Retreat there is lots to see and do and all within an easy [and cheap] taxi ride away.
The local market town of Mapusa provides a snapshot of local daily life with the opportunity to buy Ayurvedic oils and spices.
Anjuna beach and the surrounding palm-fringed beaches are a ‘must see’. Anjuna itself is a cacophony of sound and sensory delights where you can indulge your inner hippy or simply watch it all go by as you sip a sunset cocktail. The quieter Ashvem beach is one of our favourites where the warm waters of the Arabian sea lap the shore.
Extending your stay
There are plenty of options to arrive early or extend your stay in Goa or further afield. Mother India has much to offer and delight!
Highly recommended by our retreat hosts is the UNESCO World Heritage site of Hampi. From Satansaga Retreat the local train station is twenty minutes away and will take you within striking distance of the ancient monuments. Our hosts can help with travel and accommodation arrangements.
If you would like advice of where to stay pre and post retreat please let us know.
Getting to the Retreat
There are direct charter flights to Goa, Daoblim Airport from the UK. There is also the option to fly to Mumbai and take a short internal flight to Goa.
The airport is a short 45 minute taxi ride to the Retreat. We can arrange this for you once your flights are booked. The cost for a single journey is currently £12-15 payable in Rupees locally.
Before you travel
Please be aware that a tourist visa is required for travel to India. This needs to be applied for well in advance of your travel date and can be obtained online via Indian eVisa online
Goa is a safe place to visit, but please check with your doctor about vaccinations prior to travel
- Please complete BOOKING FORM Satsanga Retreat GOA 18-25 Jan 2020 and return to Ali
- To secure your place please make deposit payment of £175 – ‘how to pay’ is on the booking form
- Settle the balance of monies by the 1st December 2019
- Terms and conditions apply to this booking TERMS AND CONDITIONS – GOA 2020
- Book flights ASAP to secure best possible deal and….. RELAX or SHOUT OUT because you are going to GOA with Katie and Ali!
- Arrange your Indian eVisa online
- Check with your GP about [any] required vaccinations